That’s how much I overslept this morning due to experimentation with my alarm sounds.
I read somewhere that waking up to pleasant alarm sounds is the correct way to live. So, I gave it a shot. I changed my alarm sounds from the default alarm sound on Nexus 5 to a favourite song, American Pie.
It was nice. It was soothing. Too soothing. I woke up at 8:30, instead of 6:10 AM! :(
I missed my morning swim, and was sour/sad/angry till at least the yoga class at 11.
For tomorrow, I’ve changed the second alarm (6:00) to the regular, jarring alarm sound, while keeping the first one still as the song. Let’s see if this works.
In another two hour section of the day (noon to 2 PM), this is what I did:
- Drove home from yoga class at SSP,
- Fried eggs for myself and boy. Ate them.
- Cleaned baking trays and Chemex while the eggs fried
- Folded workout clothes that’d been washed overnight
- Went for a walk with the boy
- Spoke to Mitu (& family) while on the walk. It was her birthday today, and they returned to India yesterday after 6 months in the US
- Listened to 4 podcasts
- On the way back from the walk, brought the recycling & food bin up
- Moved the 3 sacks of boys’ food from front landing to utility room
- Fed the boy
- Flat packed cardboard boxes, dumped them in recycling bin outside
- Figured out the front french door lock issue
- Cleaned rest of the utensils in the sink
- Picked up Raghi
- Did *not* stretch
That’s 4 hours gone. Poof