This is the updated, early 2018 snapshot of the list of Chrome extensions and apps I use.
Favourites/recommendations are in bold.
My own extensions/apps are marked with an asterisk (
Extensions by Google are marked with a
The previous list, from late 2015, is here.
- AcceleReader* for Instapaper – Offline adding, better formatting, keyboard shortcuts, quick search, and lots more
- AcceleReader* for Pocket – Supports reading time tags, unread article count and lots more
- Blipshot – Quick, easy screenshots of full webpages including scroll-hidden portions.
- Clutter Free* – Prevents duplicate tabs. Own extension.
- Google Calendar(G) – See schedule in a popup, time to next appointment on badge, and desktop notifications of appointments
- Google Dictionary(G) – Quick definitions in a click
- Google Keep Chrome Extension(G) – Quickly save pages, notes, highlights to Keep
- Google Translate(G) – Automatically translate web pages; Quickly translate selections on pages
- LastPass – Password Manager
- Pastel New Tab with a clock* – A simple new tab page with a random pastel background, a clock, and, optionally, a list of your top visited sites.
- Pushbullet – Share links, files, messages across devices
- The Great Suspender – Automatically suspend tabs to reduce system load
- Todo.txt for Chrome* – Simple task management app that works with a text file in Dropbox
- uBlock Origin – Ad blocker
- Grammarly for Chrome – Provides grammar feedback while typing. Good, but doesn’t work well with WordPress’ calypso editor
- Protect my choices(G) – Opt-out of interest-based ads on participating companies’s websites
- RSS Subscription Extension(G) – One click subscription to RSS feeds from address bar
- Search by Image(G) – Reverse search images on google from right click menu
- Session Buddy – Save tabs from browser sessions. I need this because my Chrome dev work occasionally crashes my browser
- autoConvert* – Automattic currency & unit converter
- Google Hangouts(G) – Desktop hangouts extension
- Google Play Music(G)
- OmniDrive – Search, open, create new Google drive documents from location bar
- Google Docs Offline(G)
- Office Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides(G) – Open office documents in Drive – works with drag and drop, and from email, etc.
- Android SDK Search
- Proxy SwitchySharp – Switch between proxies easily
- Lighthouse(G) – Run audits on web pages for performance and quality (specially for Google ranking)
- React Developer Tools – Adds react.js support to Chrome’s developer tools. By Facebook.
- react-detector – Just detects if react is used on a page. On click highlights react components
- Vue.js devtools – Adds vue.js support to Chrome’s developer tools
- Alchemize – Beautify or compress JSON, HTML, CSS, JS
- Word Counter Notepad* – Counts what you write, and supports Markdown
- Chrome Apps & Extensions Developer Tool(G) – Helper app for Chrome app development
- Postman – REST client (for testing APIs)