Just thought I’d share the full list of Chrome apps and extensions I use. Favourites/recommendations are in bold.
General / Productivity:
- AcceleReader – My tool for target: Pocket zero – supports reading time tags, random reads, unread article count and more. Own extension.
- autoConvert – Automattic currency & unit converter. Own extension.
- BetterTweetDeck – Provides many small but usefull additions to Tweetdeck.
- Blipshot – Quick, easy screenshots of full webpages including scroll-hidden portions.
- Clutter Free – Prevents duplicate tabs. Own extension.
- Done! – Quick-add extension for iDoneThis users. Own extension.
- Gmelius for Inbox – Some handy improvements to Inbox, specially auto-signatures for all email IDs.
- Google Cast – Chromecast extension.
- Google Translate
- LastPass – Password Manager.
- Momentum – Replaced new tab page with a beautiful background, weather and quote
- OmniDrive – Search files in Google Drive by typing in Omnibox (location bar)
- Office Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides (by Google)
- Pushbullet – Just get it.
- RSS Subscription Extension (by Google)
- Search by Image (by Google) – Right click on any image and search for it on Google.
- Send to Kindle – Send webpages to Kindle.
- The Great Suspender – Suspends unused tabs to reduce memory usage.
- Todo.txt – Simple text-file compatible task management extension. Own extension.
Privacy / Adblockers:
- Ghostery – Blocks tracking.
- Protect My Choices – Google’s convoluted DNT solution for Chrome.
- uBlock Origin – Ad-blocker.
General / Productivity:
- Google Hangouts – IM of choice.
- Google Keep – For short notes & lists. Use Simplenote for longer ones.
- Google Play Music
- Pomodoro Timer – Standalone timer app I use to schedule work & breaks
- Todo.txt app – Simple text-file compatible task management app. Keep it open on 2nd screen. Own App.
- Word Counter Notepad – Simple notepad that counts/limits words or charachters as you type. Also supports markdown. Use it to write blogposts (in markdown, incl this one) and responses to word-limited forms. Own App.
- Alchemize – Use it to beautify/compress JSON, HTML, CSS, JS
- Chrome Apps & Extensions Developer Tool
- Marmoset – Mostly unused, should be uninstalled. Can be used to generate beautiful images of code snippets.
Installed, but disabled – used on specific occasions, or installed for testing, or waiting to be removed etc